The summer look is a tricky terrain when the season demands a colour pop (without making you look like a third grader) and the maximum level of comfort there is to get you through the day (without you melting into a puddle of sweat).
The Spring/Summer 18’ collection of the BSC does your job for you as it brings a heady assortment of the two major trends in Men’s Fashion – The Washed-Out Colour and Playful Prints. Confused where to start? Scroll below for some suggestions on how to embrace them.
1) The Washed-Out Colour Trend
Being subtle yet making an envious appearance is a knack everyone wants to master. At times, the day is already too bright, and you want to tone down and sport a casual look. That’s where the washed-out shades come in.
Earlier this year we came out with our exclusive collection of irresistible denims that age with grace. Fading with every wear and wash, it becomes more alluring.
The different ranges of our blue denim shirts will spoil you for choice but be prudent while making your pick.
– The ice wash sateen modal shirt will give you the perfect vintage look. It combines the luster of sateen with the softness of modal to give you a pliable fabric for all-weathers. Team it up with a pair of dark chinos and loafers to get just the look for a go-to dinner date.
– If you like to play it outrageous yet smart, go for a dark or medium wash bandhgala tucked into a pair of faded jeans or khaki chinos. Not everyone can carry this style with aplomb but wear it smartly and you have a perfect look to break the monotonous work look.
– Up for mixing it up with the conventional fabric? Prints on denim are a combo you’ve been looking for. You can pick from an ice and medium wash polka, medium wash triangle print or good old stripes. The jacquards allow the polka dot and triangles to simultaneously fade with the fabric unlike a surface print that flakes off in the first few washes. Pair it with slim-fit twill trousers or a stone wash denim jeans to ace the summer look.
Shop for your perfect denims here.
2) The Playful Floral and Fruit Prints
Pulling off a floral print is quite a skill. If mastered, you can bewitch the crowd with the perfect summer look, but mess it up and you end up looking like a botanical disaster. Either way, all you need is to be mindful of keeping the balance. Prints are best paired with solid colors, unparalleled confidence and charm.
Just because it’s a tricky experiment, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try them. Our summer collection is a Pandora box of some of the classiest and chic prints.
– Bring back the iconic retro trend with the Cuban collared green and pink floral shirt or a vibrant pink leaf print. Pair it with chinos or slot it under an unstructured blazer to fit right into the summer look jigsaw.
– Don’t shy away from abstract prints. Especially, when we have a handpicked collection made with finest of summer fabrics. Green, blue, purple, the best part about abstracts is the absence of a definition and the presence of style. Pick the Prince Charlie collared green & blue shirt with digital print or a multicolored satin shirt with circle prints and pair them up with denim shorts to have a perfect breezy outfit.
– An exclusive one from our collection, this fruit print is outlandish, different, and one of its kind. Step out of your comfort zone and win the season by pairing it with a pair of faded denims.
All these looks are waiting to be owned. Remember, it’s your personality that defines an outfit and not the other way round. Keep it casual with the washed-out denims or make a bold statement with the prints, we’ve got your back on the two major fashion trends.